tisdag 17 maj 2011

Ja, vi elsker!

Today is the National Day of Norway and I hope that all my Norwegian friends have had a lovely time.

Of course, I secretly wish that Sweden and Norway were still united – because then all those lovely lusekofte sweaters and Selbu mittens would be part of my inheritance, too.
(Honestly, I´m only after the knitting patterns for some inspiration – you can keep the oil.)

But at least my first name sounds more Norwegian than Swedish (so maybe I could pass for Norwegian) and earlier this year some of my ancestors were actually pictured in the Bunad magazine.

In this issue: no 1,  2011.












If you look up page 51 you will find a photo of my great great grandfather and great great grandmother.












That´s the couple in the top right corner.




















Here they are:
Eric Persson and his wife Katarina Christina.

Now, I´m sure you´ve all wondered where my devilishly good looks come from – and here you have the answer right in front of you.

And if this doesn´t almost make me honorary Norwegian I might as well give up the struggle and suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar