måndag 12 mars 2012

No, it´s Not Lonely at the Top

Guess where we went for the mid term holiday – that we in Sweden call a sport holiday?
Here is a clue:
Yes, that is the Eiffel tower and the kids made me walk up the stairs.
668 steps.
But it was walking down the stairs that made me suffer (that´s middle age for you)

And it wasn´t lonely at the top. At all. It was quite crowded actually. Even though we went there pretty early in the morning on a misty day.

The Happy Hound Hat was just finished in time to accompany us to Paris and we took the opportunity to have a photo shoot.

Vive la vovve!

It is a much better fit now and I love the colours.

In Paris we stayed in an apartment on Rive Gauche, a lovely neighbourhood close to the river Seine.


Just across the bridge was the Louvre and of course we went there to have a look at the Mona Lisa. About 10 000 Japanese tourist had had the same idea. Quite a coincidence, eh?


We also went there one evening to have a look at the Eiffel tower by night. There was a light show every hour and the lights on the river were pretty spectacular, too.

The apartment we stayed in was in an old building with wooden beams in the ceiling. Teenage daughter no longer wants to be in photos – unlike her younger brother...

It was a very beautiful apartment and my favourite room was the bathroom – because of the tiles.


I am beginning to suspect that I have a thing about tiles. But this would make a pretty knit pattern, no?

In central Paris there is a quite famous craft shop called La Drougerie. To me – with very poor French – it sounds as if they have called it ''The Drug shop" and it is a pretty apt name for a shop selling this much yarn.


I didn´t actually buy anything at La Drougerie, though. Because I had already spent all my money in a place called L'OisiveThé. And no, I can´t pronounce the name – but luckily I found it (all the way out in a suburb) without having to ask for directions.

It is a combined tea and yarn shop – and what a brilliant idea that was!  Kids can´t talk with their mouths full of chocolate cake, so no complaining about how long mummy is taking choosing colours.
The genius who runs this establishment is called Aimee and being American she speaks both English and French which made shopping a lot less traumatic.

This is me with my loot: two skeins of Madeline Tosh sock and four skeins of Koigu. But I do look as if I have bought something more illegal. (I am supposed to be on some kind of yarn diet but let´s not spoil the mood by talking about that)


 A big thank you to Louise who not only let us borrow the lovely apartment but also tipped me off about this excellent yarn shop!

6 kommentarer:

  1. otroligt smart kombo...the & garn är ju det enda man behöver:-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Ja, nästa gång du öppnar en garnaffär så har du konceptet klart ;-)

      Radera
  2. What a lovely trip ! Never been to Paris, would like to go.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Great photos! And I'm so glad you all had a good time. Come back whenever you want :)

    SvaraRadera
  4. Well, it was a sport holiday, right? So walking to the top seems fitting.
    Lovely hat!

    SvaraRadera
  5. Åh Paris! Så mysigt! Fin lägenhet ni fick låna! Kul också att få se att din hundmössa blev så bra tillslut.

    SvaraRadera